Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma
College of Science and Engineering
Double Major: B.S. Exercise Science | B.A. Communications
Graduating in May 2019
Highly motivated candidate with a passion for athletics looking to start a career as an Athletic Trainer.
A Few Things You Should Know:
- My life experiences, education and athletics have prepared me with confidence, interpersonal skills and an ability to empathize with athletes.
- Detail oriented and know that an athlete’s desire to compete can sometimes keep them from communicating the whole truth when they get injured.
- Resourceful and always looking for changes in performance; during practice and when reviewing films.
- High level of personal integrity and motivation.
- Energized by challenges.
- Soccer Team Student Manager, Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma, 2017-Present
- Assist in game-day preparation.
- Manage equipment and uniform care procedures.
- Attended review sessions of practice and game film.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the coaching staff.
- Boy’s Soccer Assistant Coach, Victory Christian School, Tulsa, Oklahoma, 2017-Present
- Facilitate varsity goalkeeper training.
- Assist in all aspects of varsity practice and game-day execution.
- Coached JV boy’s team soccer games.
- Soccer Referee, Tulsa Soccer Club, Tulsa, Oklahoma, 2016-Present
- Competition included teams in the U13, U14 and U15 age groups.
- Responsible for game management including before, during and after.
- Leadership: Everyone attending a game looks to the Referee for leadership; while some people’s emotions may run high when questioning my knowledge of the rules or my “eye-sight”, as the person responsible for overall game management, it is important to handle various situations in a professional manner.
- Trained and experienced in “selling a decision” and providing rationale as to what was considered in making the decision; includes many decisions that were “judgement calls.”
- Liability Assessments: Responsible for ensuring that the playing surface is suitable for a safe competition, when a player must exit a game for medical reasons or a concussion, and weather concerns.
- Restaurant Staff, Little Caesars, Rochester Hills, Michigan, 2014-2015
- Served customers according to the Ten Customer Service Standards, the Five Priority Guidelines, the Remedy Process, and the telephone and front counter procedures.
- Developed professional skills in handling unsatisfied guests.
- Required to think quickly and make spur-of-the-moment decisions.
- Required to always communicate in a professional manner; both verbal and non-verbal communications.
Certifications & Membership:
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Exercise Physiologist.
- Certified Tutor, National Tutor Association.
- Red Cross First Aid Certification.
- Member: Oklahoma Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Soccer Coach, MEGA Sports Camp, Auburn Hills, Michigan, 2013-2014
- Academic Peer Advisor, Oral Roberts University, Tulsa, Oklahoma, 2017-Present
- Domestic Inner-City Mission trips.
- Served and Lived Overseas as an MK.
- Association of Psychological Therapies (APT) Tutor Experience.
- Social work and ministry in India.
- Christian Character Award recipient, Summit Soccer Academy, (Year)
- Paul Humphrey Award for Teach-Ability and Humility during first season as referee for Metro Tulsa Soccer Club.
I look forward to meeting you.
2125 Walnut Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Thank you for taking the time to review my resume.